We use the excellent scheme JIGSAW to teach PSHE. It covers all aspects of personal development including puberty and relationship education.
Introduction to Jigsaw PSHE Scheme Used at St Barnabas
Jigsaw Overview by Ages
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PSHCE/Welfare
What do we want our children to learn?
Considerate and effective listeners
How will they learn it?
- Clubs and extracurricular activities
- Values and FBV
- Diversity – inclusion- events such as International Evening
- JIGSAW BOUGHT SCHEME SEPT 2020
- School values and rules
- School residential
- Jobs: School Council, Librarians, IT tech support, Storytime leaders, Eco-councilors, Assembly buddies.
- External visitors- Police and Fire Service talks Sports people, different careers re: encouraging children to aim for University
How will we meet the needs of all pupils?
Clubs, play therapy, Lego therapy, Cat Kit, Forest School.
Representing the school externally
What will be the effect of their learning?