What do we want our children to learn?
- To experience a range of sports and undertake physical activity every day and each week with a qualified sports coach. Vulnerable children to be given extra sessions
- To learn about fitness and wellbeing
How will they learn it?
- Specialist sport coaches 2 lessons per week YR-6 Real PE f
- Daily activities for all in addition to PE : daily mile, Zumba, Cosmic Yoga, Wake and shake
- Sports taught : football, rugby, netball, tennis, cricket, rounders.
- Swimming every week in Y4 and Y5 from Sept 20
- After school PE clubs on every day
- Dancing opportunities at whole school events: International Evening and May day
- Intra school competition each long term (eg. Football/ maybe linked to world events such as Olympics)
- Inter school competitions – via Oxford Academy; arranged direct, eg. with St. Aloysius; Summertown Stars Girls Football Tournament; Aristotle Cup; St. Michael’s Football Tournament?
- Forest School – Y1 weekly, another class every half term
- Sports visitors in assemblies –role models
- Whole school/individual years following events
How will we meet the needs of all pupils?
Extra sessions for vulnerable children (dyspraxia, lacking in confidence, poor balance, disability) with specialist coach
Teach others, tournaments, interschool matches, clubs. Self-assessment
What will be the effect of their learning?
- PE self-assessment
- Know about health and wellbeing and how to maintain it.
Further Information & Activity Guides
Primary PE & Sport Premium Report
Be Active- 6 in a row (1)
Be Active Alphabet Fitness Challenge (1)
Be Active Deck of Cards Challenge
Be Active- First to 100 (1)
Be Active Snakes and Ladders Fitness Challenge
Be Active Roll it Fitness
Nandos Fitness Challenge
PE in Lock Down Ideas
Wellbeing Contacts for Children