St Barnabas’ is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Most positions involve the type of work with children and young people that require applicants to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
Closing date: 28/02/2019 at 12:00
Interview date: 13/03/2019
Job Start Date: September 2019
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full-time
Salary Details: Level 11 – Level 18 (£51,234 – £60,755)
Hours of Work: Full Time Permanent
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
A forward-thinking and inspirational Headteacher is sought to continue and develop the exceptional work taking place at this School. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator whose high expectations and encouragement will help every child to flourish. They will relish the challenge of developing the staff team, showing a clear vision for success and leading by example.
You will bring
- A successful record in headship or deputy/assistant headship
- A rigorous approach to identifying gaps in pupil progress and strategies to address them
- An ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the School
- A willingness to be a visible, positive and approachable presence around the School, as well as the ability to foster strong relationships within the local community and further afield
- The energy and creativity to drive improvement in all aspects of provision
We can offer
- A welcoming School, with close links to its Parish Church, which is embedded in a flourishing, local, multicultural and multi-faith community
- A commitment to your professional development and opportunities for growth
- The support of an energetic Governing Body and a very active group of parents
- A dedicated, caring and hard-working staff who provide children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences
- A school which is close to the center of Oxford with all its famous cultural and educational opportunities
A Recruitment Pack, containing a letter from the Chair of the Governing Board, a statement of our Vision for the School and our Values, a Person Specification and Selection Criteria, a Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from the school website https://st-barnabas.oxon.sch.uk/our-school/vacancies/ or from Debbie Cullen, Business Manager, on 01865 557178 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrange a visit to the School please contact Debbie Cullen as above. Completed application forms should be e-mailed to Debbie Cullen by midday on Thursday 28th February.
Shortlisting will take place on 4th March and all applicants will be informed about whether or not they are invited for interview as soon as possible after that date.
Interviews will take place on 13th March.